写作之家!您身边的写作助手!请记住我们域名:4218.cn

Unit 04 Receiving Visitors 接待来访者

范文百科 分享 时间: 加入收藏 我要投稿 点赞
Unit 4 Receiving visitors 接待来访者



KATE MCKENNA: You know Mr. Sakai is coming at ten o' clock, don' t you, Jenny?
凯特.麦凯纳:詹妮,酒井先生10点钟要来,你知道吗?

JENNY ROSS: Yes, I do. It' s an important meeting, isn' t it?
詹妮.罗斯:是的,我知道。这次会议很重要,是吗?

KATE MCKENNA: And the slides are ready, aren' t they? .[slaid]
[slaɪd]
vt. & vi.
滑动; 滑行
She slid along the ice.
她沿着冰面滑行。
n
幻灯片
凯特.麦凯纳:幻灯片已经准备好了,对吗?

JENNY ROSS: Yes, they are.
詹妮.罗斯:是的,准备好了。

KATE MCKENNA: And you have checked the monitor, haven' t you? ['mɔnitə] 监视器, 监听器; 检测器
凯特.麦凯纳:你也检查过显示器,对吧?

JENNY ROSS: Yes, Kate, I have.
詹妮.罗斯:是的, 凯特,我已经检查过了。

KATE MCKENNA: Sorry, Jenny, it really is very important.
凯特.麦凯纳:詹妮,不好意思,不过这次会议真是太重要了。

DON BRADLEY: Good morning!
堂.布拉德利:早上好!

JENNY ROSS: Hello, Don.
詹妮.罗斯:你好, 堂。

DON BRADLEY: Is everything ready for the big day?
堂.布拉德利:这可是个大日子,都准备好了吗?

JENNY ROSS: I think so.
詹妮.罗斯:我想是的。

KATE MCKENNA: Don, I' m worried about the last part of the presentation. Can we talk?
凯特.麦凯纳:堂, 我对演示的最后一部分有点担心。我们能谈谈吗?
****
MR. SAKAI: Thank you very much for collecting me.
酒井先生:非常感谢你来接我。

CLIVE HARRIS: It' s a pleasure. Don' t mention it. .[,prezən'teiʃən]n表演
克莱夫.哈里斯:乐意效劳。没什么的。

CLIVE HARRIS: Is your hotel okay?
克莱夫.哈里斯:宾馆还好吧?

MR. SAKAI: Yes, thanks. It' s fine.
酒井先生:是的, 谢谢。很好。

CLIVE HARRIS: It is good of you to visit us.
克莱夫.哈里斯:你来探望我们真是太好了。

Thank you for sparing the time. I know you have a busy itinerary.
谢谢你抽出时间来,我知道你的行程很紧。

MR. SAKAI: It' s a pleasure, Mr. Harris.
酒井先生:这是我的荣幸,哈里斯先生。

I enjoy coming to Britain. And I am looking forward to my visit to Bibury Systems. .['brɪtn]n.不列颠,英国
我很高兴来英国。并且很期望对Bibury系统公司的参观。

CLIVE HARRIS: It' s kind of you to say so.
克莱夫.哈里斯:你这么说真是太感谢你了。

We' ll do our best to make your visit worthwhile. .[,wə:θ'wail] adj.值得的, 值钱的, 有价值的
我们会尽一切努力使你的来访有价值。

DON BRADLEY: You' re seeing Phil Watson at twelve o' clock about the display unit design.
.[dis'plei]n.陈列, 展览
堂.布拉德利:你12点钟要见菲尔•沃森,商谈展品的设计。

Do you understand the problem?
你明白有什么问题了?

EDWARD GREEN: No, I don' t.
爱德华.格林:不,没有。

DON BRADLEY: These are the rough designs.
堂.布拉德利:这些是设计初稿。

Choosing the right colour is very important.
选择正确的颜色是很重要的。

EDWARD GREEN: Sorry, could you explain what you mean?
爱德华.格林:不好意思,能解释一下你的意思吗?

DON BRADLEY: Well, we need different colours.
堂.布拉德利:哦,我们需要不同的颜色。

EDWARD GREEN: Ah, do you mean stronger colours?
爱德华.格林:啊,你是说要更深的颜色吗?

DON BRADLEY: Yes, I do.
堂.布拉德利:是的。

This display unit must make an impact.
这件展品必须给人眼前一亮的感觉。

It' s very important.
这很重要。

It must look right for the launch.
它必须要适合本次的发布。

It must look exciting.
必须令人心动。

EDWARD GREEN: I understand.
爱德华.格林:我明白了。

DON BRADLEY: Well, make sure that Phil understands.
堂.布拉德利:对了,一定要让菲尔明白。

Also this pictures of Big Boss need to be bigger...
另外,“大老板”的照片还要大些……
****
CLIVE HARRIS: So, we aren' t a very big company...but I think we are very efficient.
.[i'fiʃənt]adj.有能力的, 率高的
克莱夫.哈里斯:我们公司尽管不是很大……,但办事效率却是很高的。

MR. SAKAI: How many people do you employ?
酒井先生:你们公司有多少员工?

CLIVE HARRIS: About seven hundred full-time.
克莱夫.哈里斯:有约700名全职员。

But we take on casual staff when we need them. ['kæʒjuəl]临时的, 不定期的
但有需要时我们也会雇临时工。

Would you like some more coffee, Mr. Sakai?
酒井先生,要不要再来些咖啡?

MR. SAKAI: No, thank you. And, please, call me Kazo.
酒井先生:不, 谢谢。请还是叫我加须吧。

CLIVE HARRIS: And you must call me Clive.
克莱夫.哈里斯:那你就叫我克莱夫。

So, shall we have a look around?
那么,我们四处参观一下?

MR. SAKAI: That would be very nice.
酒井先生:那太好了。

CLIVE HARRIS: Then perhaps we could have some lunch.
克莱夫.哈里斯:之后,我们可以一起吃午餐。

午餐后,我的几名高级经理会给你做场演示。
And then after lunch some of my senior managers will make a presentation to you.
.[,prezən'teiʃən]n.表演

Would you like to leave your coat and briefcase here?
你要不要把外套和公文包放在这里?

MR. SAKAI: Thank you.
酒井先生:谢谢。

CLIVE HARRIS: And this is our Sales and Marketing Department.
克莱夫.哈里斯:这是我们的销售和市场营销部。

你还没见过凯特.麦凯纳吧?
I don' t think you have met Kate Mckenna.

她是我们的销售主管。
She is Head of Sales.

KATE MCKENNA: How do you do?
凯特.麦凯纳:你好!

MR. SAKAI: Kazo Sakai, let me give you my card.
酒井先生:加须.酒井,这是我的卡片。

KATE MCKENNA: Thank you.
凯特.麦凯纳:谢谢。

CLIVE HARRIS: And this is Don Bradley.
克莱夫.哈里斯:这位是堂.布拉德利。

DON BRADLEY: Hello, Mr. Sakai. We have spoken on the phone.
堂.布拉德利:你好, 酒井先生。我们在电话上交谈过。

MR. SAKAI: Hello, Mr. Bradley. You are American.
酒井先生:你好, 布拉德利先生。你是美国人。

And what part of America are you from?
美国哪个地方?

DON BRADLEY: Los Angeles. But I have lived in the UK for five years. I like... /Ah. I have visited ?
堂.布拉德利:洛杉矶。不过我在英国已经住来年了。我喜欢……/啊。我参观过 ……

MR. SAKAI: I' m sorry.
酒井先生:对不起。

DON BRADLEY: No, please,after you.
堂.布拉德利:不,你先请。

MR. SAKAI: I have been to Los Angeles two or three times.
酒井先生:我曾经去过洛杉矶两、三次。

It' s an interesting city.
是个有趣的城市。

Well, I hope we have a chance to talk again.
希望有机会我们再聊。

CLIVE HARRIS: Yes, you' ll be seeing Don at the presentation this afternoon.
克莱夫.哈里斯: 好,你会在今天下午的演示上见到堂。

MR. SAKAI: I look forward to that.
酒井先生:好期望啊。
****
PHIL WATSON: Edward?
菲尔.沃森:爱德华

EDWARD GREEN: Yes.
爱德华.格林:是的。

PHIL WATSON: Hi, Edward.
菲尔.沃森:你好, 爱德华。

EDWARD GREEN: Hello.
爱德华.格林: 你好。

PHIL WATSON: Phil Watson. Good to meet you.
菲尔.沃森:菲尔.沃森。遇见你很高兴。

Have you been waiting long?
等了很久了吗?

EDWARD GREEN: Not really.
爱德华.格林:不久。

PHIL WATSON: Sorry, I was delayed.
菲尔.沃森:对不起,我被耽误了。

Shall we get straight down to business?
我们就开门见山开始谈生意?

EDWARD GREEN: Why not?
爱德华.格林:好啊。

PHIL WATSON: Follow me.
菲尔.沃森:跟我来。

CLIVE HARRIS: Derek, let me introduce you to Mr. Sakai from Detmore Systems.
克莱夫.哈里斯:德里克,我来给你介绍Detmore系统公司的酒井先生。

Mr. Sakai, can I present Derek Jones?
酒井先生,我来介绍德里克•琼斯可以吗?

Derek is our Development Manager.
德里克是我们研发部经理。

DEREK JONES: It' s very nice to meet you, Mr. Sakai.
德里克.琼斯:很高兴见到你, 酒井先生。

MR. SAKAI: Hello, Mr. Jones. I' m sorry to interrupt your work.
酒井先生:你好, 琼斯先生。对不起打断了你的工作

DEREK JONES: Not at all. I like meeting visitors.
德里克.琼斯:没有--我喜欢会见访客。

You' re very welcome. Please make yourself at home.
很欢迎你来。请随意。

MR. SAKAI: So this is the development workshop?
酒井先生:这里就是研发车间吗?

DEREK JONES; Most of our products start here and this is our latest product, Big Boss.
德里克.琼斯:我们大部分产品从这里开始研发,这是最新产品, "大老板"。

MR. SAKAI: Ah, yes.
酒井先生:啊,是啊。

CLIVE HARRIS: Yes, we think Big Boss will be very successful.
克莱夫.哈里斯:我们认为"大老板"这款产品将会很成功的。

MR. SAKAI: And what does he do?
酒井先生:他可以做什么?

CLIVE HARRIS: Say hello.
克莱夫.哈里斯:说“你好”。

BIG BOSS: (IN JAPANESE) Hello, Mr. Sakai. Welcome to Bibury Systems.
“大老板”:(日语) 你好, 酒井先生。欢迎光临Bibury系统公司。

MR. SAKAI: Ah, he speaks Japanese.
酒井先生:啊,他说的是日语。

DEREK JONES: He also listens.
德里克.琼斯:他还会听呢!

And by changing the chip he understands and speaks any language.
.[tʃɪp]n.集成电路片vt. & vi.
通过更换晶片,它可以说任何一种语言。

BIG BOSS: How are you fixed for lunch?
“大老板”:你午餐是怎么安排的?

MR. SAKAI: Thank you, but I have another engagement.
酒井先生:谢谢, 但是我有约了。

BIG BOSS: Okay, another time, maybe.
“大老板”:好的,或者下次吧。
****
PHIL WATSON: So, you say you want stronger colours. What about this?
菲尔.沃森:你说想要更深的颜色。这个怎么样?

EDWARD GREEN; I' m not sure about this one, are you?
爱德华.格林:这种颜色,我不确定,你呢?

PHIL.WATSON: No.
菲尔.沃森:不。

EDWARD GREEN: Could we have these two colours?
爱德华.格林:我们可以要这两种颜色吗?

PHIL WATSON: Yes, but those two colours together?
菲尔.沃森:可以,但是两种颜色一起吗?

EDWARD GREEN: Ah right.
爱德华.格林:啊,对啊。
****
CLIVE HARRIS: So, what kind of food do you like?
克莱夫.哈里斯:那,你喜欢什么菜?

Italian? Or there is a very good French restaurant close to the office.
意大利菜?或者办公室附近就有一家法国餐馆。

MR. SAKAI: Whatever you recommend.
酒井先生:随便吧。

I like eating all kinds of food.
我对所有的菜都喜欢。

CLIVE HARRIS: Then let' s go to the French restaurant.
克莱夫.哈里斯:那我们就去法国餐馆。

Geraldine, please confirm lunch for two at Rene' s and cancel the other reservations.
.['kænsəl]v取消, 废除.[,rɛzɚ'veʃən]n.保留的座位[住处]等; 预订
杰拉尔丁, 确认一下在雷内餐馆两个人的午餐,其他地方的预订取消。

GERALDINE: Okay, Mr. Harris.
杰拉尔丁:好的, 哈里斯先生。

Hello. I' m calling from Bibury Systems.
你好。我是Bibury系统公司的。

I' d like to confirm our reservation for two people at 12.30 please.
我想确认一下12:30的两个人的订餐。

The name is Harris.
名字是哈里斯。

Thanks a lot. Goodbye.
多谢。再见。

CLIVE HARRIS: By the way, are you free this evening?
克莱夫.哈里斯:顺便问一下,你晚上有空吗?

MR. SAKAI: Yes, I am.
酒井先生:是的,有。

CLIVE HARRIS: My wife and I are going to the theatre this evening.
克莱夫.哈里斯:我和太太今晚要去影院看电影。

Would you like to join us?
想不想和我们一起去?

MR. SAKAI: That' s very kind, but no thank you.
酒井先生:非常感谢, 但我还是不去了。

I love going to the theatre, but travelling makes me very tired.
我是喜欢看电影,但旅途颠簸的我太累了。

Tonight I must sleep.
今晚我一定要好好睡一觉。

CLIVE HARRIS: Geraldine, we' ll be back for 1.45.
克莱夫.哈里斯:杰拉尔丁, 我们1:45回来。

MR. SAKAI: I must tell you Clive, Big Boss made me smile.
酒井先生:克莱夫, 我一定要告诉你,“大老板” 使我眉开眼笑。

精选图文

221381
领取福利

微信扫码领取福利

微信扫码分享